-Position Announcement- NCSU TECS Faculty Job Opportunity
-IN MEMORIAM: Dr. Memiş Acar
It is with heartfelt sorrow that The Fiber Society notes the recent passing of Dr. Memiş Acar, Professor of Mechanics, Loughborough University Leicestershire, England. He became a member of The Fiber Society in 1998 and served as a member of the Society’s Governing Council. Dr. Acar, a native of Cappadocia, Turkey, completed his undergraduate studies in Mechanical Engineering at Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara Turkey, and his MSc in Textile Technology at University of Manchester (UMIST), Manchester, England, prior to receiving his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University of Technology and a D.Sc. from UMIST. He was a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), UK and a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). We extend our sincerest condolences to Dr. Acar’s family, and his friends and colleagues around the world.
-NEW Fiber Society contact information
- Other Conferences of Interest
- Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics
- New Open Access Journal
- The Journal of Textiles and Fibrous Materials is a new peer-reviewed, open access journal which aims to promote rapid and wide dissemination of research in the areas of textiles, clothing, and all kinds of fiber based structures. The journal accepts original research and review articles, which present research in fundamental and applied areas. All submitted manuscripts considered suitable for the Journal of Textiles and Fibrous Materials are subjected to a rigorous peer review process in order to ensure that all published articles are of the highest quality. Please follow the link provided for full details about this new journal.
- A reminder: The Fiber Society is now included in ASTM Committee D 13 on Textiles “Related Links” list [https://www.astm.org/COMMIT/RELATED/D13.htm] ASTM Committee D13 was formed in 1914 and currently comprises 561 members. The group has jurisdiction over 364 standards, which are published in the “Annual Book of ASTM Standards,” Volumes 7.01 and 7.02.
- Drexel University, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, announces their Transdisciplinary Advanced Manufacturing Hub for Functional Textiles. For details, click here.